Sunday, October 4, 2009

Quick Update and Photos

Some of recent Afg photos from Ghor, Bamiyan, Band-i-Amir, work, and play. The last few in the series are us exploring the Koh-e-Baba, the incredible mountains just south of where we live. Check them out.

Here in Bamiyan I’m working with the Aga Khan Foundation doing an assessment of ecological conditions and tenure/management arrangements in high elevation common property pasture lands. I get to spend a lot of time in the field marching around with donkeys; it’s wonderful. Chad is continuing his work on soil and water conservation among other projects at CRS. Most of the wheat and potatoes (the vast majority of the ag land here) have been harvested and the leaves on the poplars along the creeks and canals are starting to turn. There’s been some new snow in the mountains and we’ve got skiing on our minds.

1 comment:

Dave Morris said...

Hi Laurie and Chad,
I just looked at the album of photos you posted. Wonderful images! I feel like I just took a quick trip to Af.
Life here is good - we just went from summer to winter in a week. Predicted low of 3 tonight!
Hope you all are as well as you look in the photos. I do worry a bit with the news from over there...
Best,
Dave